Training – Excel and Power Query
Training is available for groups or one-on-one sessions, both structured courses or custom content to answer your questions about Excel and help you improve the work that you already started.
Power Query Fundamentals in Excel – MASTERCLASS
If you are in a situation where you have to deal with data regularly and spend a bunch of time repeating the same steps to shape that data to fit your needs, you might want to get into Power Query.
We assure you it will be a one-way-and-not-going-back journey.
Power Query is an ETL tool that comes free with Excel. It allows you to Extract, Transform and Load data from virtually any source, clean and transform the data as per your needs and load it into your Excel file, looking neat and organized, just the way you want it to look.
- Learn how to extract, transform, and load data using Power Query in Excel.
- Explore different Power Query features by looking at several case study scenarios.
- Automate tasks that may currently take hours to complete.
- Learn how to perform data cleansing and neatly organize your data.
- Apply what you’ve learned to your everyday workflow immediately.
About the Content
This masterclass will equip you or your team with what you need to know to automate your tedious, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks related to data cleansing and analysis. You will learn by working on specific case-scenarios. The main topics are:
- General considerations about Power Query
- Power Query Settings to keep in mind
- Data Transformation tools and techniques taught through different case scenarios, including, but not limited to:
- Connecting to data in CSV files / Excel Files / web pages
- Connecting to data in:
- one file only,
- one folder combining all the files the folder
- one folder extracting the data only in the most recent file
- Combining data from different sources
- Data cleansing, formatting, consolidation, and unstacking tools and techniques
- Making a query to work with dynamic file or folder paths
- Making a query to work with dynamic parameters to filter data
Duration: 7 hours
Date / Location / Price: Please contact us.
The session was very good, well-paced for experienced excel users and covered a lot of content. At 7.5hrs, it was long. It would have been to have two 4 hr sessions with homework from session 1 which is reviewed at session 2 to allow the user to review the notes, ensure they are comfortable with the content and develop their skills. Otherwise excellent, thank you Celia!
I learned a lot, and I cannot wait to start applying some of the Power Query features to a few finance reports that I prepare on a regular basis – it would be great to link the master file to all the monthly reports. You covered a lot of material. So, breaks every now and then are great to make sure all content can be absorbed as much as possible! Thank you for your time!